
I come from a very small town in South Jersey.

Leaving our doors open and unlocked is not uncommon in Westmont.

I've been in this town so long, my name is engraved in the sidewalk.

It's safe to say that at 19 years old I am starting to feel too big in my small town. Here, I am like everyone else...

Here, I have the same view out of my porch door every day...

But in Philadelphia where I go to school...

my day to day view, whether outside my balcony...

or through my apartment door's peephole, is never the same.

The only way people can identify me is by a name tag on my door.

No unlocked or open doors in this city. I can't even get into my building without being "swiped in." Just another way to identify who I am.

Who am I in this big city? How do I distinguish myself? I don't know yet. All I know is how small it makes me feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment